SUPPORT COMMUNICATIONS AT THE EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY
|Project||CONSULTANCY TO SUPPORT COMMUNICATIONS AT THE EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY|
Objectives of this Consultancy
- The objective of the assignment is to develop a coherent communication strategy for SEAMPEC and to support the development of identified communication tools and material including a web portal and associated digital products, social media, case study writing and layout and design of publications. Putting together an overarching strategy which firstly shows the combined impact of the SEAMPEC program in the region and to the East African community, and then featuring the various individual programs as part of the greater whole, the consultancy will build the topline brand and reputation and then utilise and feature the breadth of programmatic work to highlight the wide ranging impact to stakeholders around the world.
- Better communication of successful regional integration results through a range of targeted communication channels will create incentives for Partner States to actively support regional integration, to look at the increased value add of program involvement from a regional perspective and to take part in the improvement of framework conditions.
- Creating stories which personalise the work, showing how the programs are working on the ground and making a difference in people’s lives, is important to creating an understanding among civil society and the private sector too and will also help create goodwill around the work.
Develop a Communications Strategy
including tim lines and responsibilities in cooperation with the program staff
- Developing a Communications Strategy, Plan and Calendar
- Creating an overarching brand identity under which all the programs will sit - developing a style guide to finalise.
- Creating internal systems around story, photo and data storage and monitoring and evaluation of products, media and social media activities
- Creation of a timeline of activities, attached to known program events but also looking at opportunities across the region and in the media to feature the work
- Agreement on and then development of communications products - which may include brochures / flyers, videos and audio clips, case studies and stories, newsletters, and social media outputs
- Website - evaluation of current site, consultative development of a new site, development of content, launch, continual updating
- Training, capacity building and internal education - to ensure team buy-in and capacity building around communications, training on issues such as social media maximisation and whatever issues the team request help with
- Feedback - creating a feedback system among the team around processes and training.
- Team Brainstorming - stories, opportunities for communication, website and social media campaigns.
Develop a digital presence
that will present the results of the cooperation between German Development Cooperation and the East African Community. It will highlight the shared activities of the various projects and programs with the EAC Secretariat and other stakeholders and partners. The digital presence will be an entry portal for various projects and initiatives (SEAMPEC, IIDEA, Markup, ICT etc.) that provides a new way of accessing and structuring complex information. Its visual presentation will reflect the EAC theme ‘Accelerating a People-centred and Market- driven Integration’. The web presence will be multi-layered, providing the user with the possibility to go deeper into the site and link to other resources in accordance with his or her specific interests and questions. The features of the digital presence will be:
- Topic and theme-driven (main topic: “market-driven” & “people-centred”)
- Give a voice to people, influencers or ambassadors of integration by giving testimonials such as representatives of EAC, private sector, and civisociety, digital storytelling approach (‘Tell me a story’)
- Strong visual elements and less words, understandable language, specific, and jargon-free to de-mystify the topic ‘regional integration’
- Provide an information and learning space (‘Teach Me’), e.g. a section with data, statistics and resources
- Space for exchange, interaction and feedback (Q&A, forum, feedback)
- Integrate social media channels
- Contain a content management system so that the programme can post articles and pictures and manage the interactive parts
- Include the security and data protection features required by the GIZ Web Office.
Above all the website will show the impacts and successes and value of the work being done, communicating to the multiple audiences why the EAC-GIZ partnership continues to be important and is making a tangible difference.
Production of audiovisual and digital content required for the implementation of the strategy that demonstrates stories and results from the programs work areas (Videos, Podcasts, Brochures and Publications, print-ready PDF-files and open files (e.g. InDesign, Photoshop or similar) for each publication, Figures and infographic as vector files and open files. Developed for specific target audiences and also with a view to being “green” and not wasteful.